Gum disease is a common dental problem that affects millions of people worldwide. It can cause a range of symptoms, from bleeding gums to tooth loss, and it's important to treat it early to prevent further damage. One of the most effective treatments for gum disease is laser gum treatment. In this blog post, we'll explore how laser gum treatment can help you and why it's a great option for those with gum disease.
What is Laser Gum Treatment?
Laser gum treatment, also known as LANAP (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure), is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a laser to remove diseased tissue from the gums. The laser is able to target and remove only the damaged tissue, leaving healthy tissue intact. This makes the procedure less painful and more effective than traditional gum surgery.
Five Ways Laser Gum Treatment Can Help You
1. It can reduce inflammation: Inflammation is a key symptom of gum disease and can cause redness, swelling, and discomfort. Laser gum treatment can help reduce inflammation and promote healing.
2. It can prevent tooth loss: Gum disease is one of the leading causes of tooth loss in adults. By removing diseased tissue and promoting the growth of healthy tissue, laser gum treatment can help prevent tooth loss.
3. It can improve your overall health: Gum disease has been linked to a range of other health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, and stroke. By treating gum disease with laser gum treatment, you can improve your overall health and reduce your risk of these other conditions.
4. It's less painful than traditional gum surgery: Traditional gum surgery can be painful and require a long recovery time. Laser gum treatment is minimally invasive and causes less discomfort, making it a great option for those who are nervous about dental procedures.
5. It can save you money: Treating gum disease with laser gum treatment can be more cost-effective in the long run than traditional gum surgery. By preventing tooth loss and other complications, laser gum treatment can save you money on more extensive dental work in the future.
Contact Our Experienced Dental Professionals at Progressive Periodontics
If you're experiencing symptoms of gum disease, laser gum treatment may be a great option for you. Contact Progressive Periodontics to schedule a consultation and learn more about how laser gum treatment can help improve your oral health. (503) 966-3780