What is itand why would you need it?
What is LANAP?
LANAP (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure) is and FDA approved laser treatment for patients with periodontal disease. It is a less painful, more successful treatment alternative to conventional gum surgery. It has been scientifically proven to generate new bone growth and help gum tissue to reattach.
How does LANAP work?
During the treatment, the PerioLase MVP-7 dental laser is used instead of a scalpel. The laser fiber is inserted between the gum and tooth, without cutting the gums. The laser light energy targets the source of the inflammation without hurting or removing any healthy gum tissue. After the treatment, the tops of your teeth are adjusted to keep from hitting the others.
What are the benefits of LANAP?
- Less pain than traditional gum surgery
- Less bleeding
- Less sensitivity following treatment
- Less gum loss
- Less swelling
- Very little downtime following treatment
- Less post op infections
- Promotes regeneration of supporting gum
- Healing is perceived to be faster and more comfortable than traditional surgery
Ready to learn more about laser periodontal surgery?