Tigard Dental Implants
The Superior, Natural-Looking Replacement Option
For patients with missing teeth, dental implants are the next best thing to achieving a healthy, natural look and feel. Unlike dentures, dental implants don’t just give the illusion that your teeth are natural – because they’re a part of your jaw, they can feel like natural teeth, too. Progressive Periodontics is dedicated to giving our patients the best dental treatment possible so they can lead improved lives with healthy gums and teeth as well as a healthy mindset. Our Tigard, OR dental team is available to meet with you and determine whether a dental implant is the right choice. Our family-oriented practice works to create a comfortable environment for patients through honest communication, comprehensive education, and lasting results. When you work with us, you can feel confident in your decisions knowing that ensuring your safety is our main goal.
What Exactly are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that, when placed, gives your dentist the ability to place a crown in the area of the missing tooth. After placement, the implant helps to preserve the jawbone that would normally atrophy, or shrink, following the loss of the tooth. Because the implants become a part of your jaw, they won’t move or slip around while you eat or talk, like dentures are known to do. They function like normal teeth would.
Titanium vs. Zirconia Dental Implants
Progressive Periodontics offers both traditional titanium dental implants as well as Zirconia dental implants.
Titanium implants are the classic, typical type of implant. They have been in use since the 1980’s. The products, scientific and clinical research, and the development and performance of implants is overwhelmingly based on titanium implant systems. Titanium implants are strong and highly resistant to cracks and fractures.
Zirconia implants are a ceramic material manufactured from zirconium dioxide. Ceramic zirconia has completely different material properties compared to the metal zirconium. This is why zirconia implants are described as “metal-free”. This is a white material, excellent for patients who are very concerned about the potential visibility of grey titanium, especially in visible areas, a ceramic implant may be a reassuring solution. Newer zirconia implants that we use are also strong and highly resistant to cracks and fractures.
Why Would I Need a Dental Implant?
There are plenty of reasons why you’d need a dental implant, or why it can be the best option for you and your missing teeth.
You may consider getting an implant if:
- You have loose dentures: Many people suffer from loose dentures, which can make people feel concerned or self-conscious when they eat or talk.
- You’re tired of dealing with adhesives and denture care: Having dentures requires a lot of maintenance, including having to take them out for cleaning and reapplying adhesives to keep them in place. Dental implants ensure that you won’t have to practice a different oral care regimen, because you care for them the same way you would care for your natural teeth.
- You have difficult chewing food: Missing teeth can pose problems when you try to eat. Dental implants allow you to eat whatever you want without hesitation.
Benefits of Dental Implants in Tigard and the Portland Area
There are plenty of advantages to having dental implants, which is why many individuals switch over after living with dentures or bridges. One major benefit of dental implants is that it provides a long-term solution to your missing tooth or teeth. While dentures and bridges need to be replaced every few years, dental implants can last a lifetime, if care for properly.
Other benefits include:
- Preventing jawbone loss: By merging with the bone, dental implants can keep the jawbone from deteriorating and avoid giving you a sunken appearance around the mouth, which can make you look older.
- No cumbersome daily removal: There’s no need to have to remove your dental implants to clean them or reapply adhesives. You can function throughout your day without having to take the time to remove and reinsert your teeth.
- Being able to eat and talk comfortably: With your dental implants, you can still eat all the food you enjoy, speak comfortably, and smile without worry that your teeth will move around or fall out.
How Do I Care For My Dental Implants?
It is important to remember the following steps in order to protect your dental implants and allow them to function:
- Be sure to brush your teeth twice a day
- Utilize a toothbrush that has soft bristles
- Utilize a small, interdental brush
- Floss regularly
- Avoid chewing or biting hard foods that may damage your implants
Even if all you want is to make your smile bright and natural, dental implants are an attractive option to replacing your missing teeth. Our team works to make sure the process goes as seamlessly as possible so you can begin eating, laughing, and smiling comfortably again.
Ready to make your life easier? Call our dental team to learn more about Tigard dental implants and their benefits at (503) 966-3780.
“A brief note to express how grateful I am for your excellent care.”- Swee
“Dr. Thanik was amazing with my worrier child who needed a frenulum revision. I appreciate his care & call in the evening to see how he was recovering.”- Becky S
“Once I switched to Dr. Thanik for my care, everything changed for the better. I'm so grateful for him and his staff and all of their expertise, insight, encouragement, and guidance.”- Cyndia A
Progressive Equipment & Care
State of the art equipment and technology to care for your gums and overall health.
Your Partner in Gum Health
We pride ourselves on being your partner and finding the treatment option that is right for you.
Experience Where It Counts
With more than two decades of experience, let us help you take care of your gums and teeth.
Trust the Experts
Don’t have a regular dentist do what a specialist is trained to do. Come to the experts for your periodontal needs.