SERVING OUR COMMUNITY SINCE 2000
At Progressive Periodontics, Implants and Laser Therapy, our team is focused on delivering exceptional care to our patients. Our staff consists of skilled and talented professionals who are devoted to your oral health. Your comfort and well-being is our priority. We have worked hard to create a comfortable and relaxing environment where you can feel at ease during your visits with us.
Over the years, our commitment to our Portland patients has resulted in countless satisfactory visits. Our facility offers a comprehensive range of services, from gum grafting to dental implant placement, and much more.
Our team is here to help you achieve the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve. Contact us today at (503) 966-3780 to learn more about our Portland dental services.
Quality dental care is important in maintaining good oral health. At Progressive Periodontics, Implants, and Laser Therapy, we are dedicated to providing our patients with pleasant experiences. Our team of professionals are passionate about offering personalized care and exceptional service.
Our services include the following:
- “Botox” Type Treatments – We use products like “Botox” to help treat symptoms of clenching and pain to the jaws. It is one of the most effective ways to manage clenching and a good alternative to night guards that can be difficult to wear.
- Crown Lengthening – Crown lengthening is a procedure performed to expose more of the natural tooth in preparation for a restoration. This process can be used when there are fractures or cavities below the gum line.
- Dental Extractions – When a tooth has excessive decay, infection, or a severe fracture, a dental extraction is often required for the patient’s well-being.
- Dental Implants – When a tooth is missing, chipped, or broken, replacing it with a dental implant can help to preserve the jawbone. Without the implant, the jawbone may shrink.
- Gum Grafting – Gum grafting is performed to help treat gum recession. Gum recession occurs when the gum line recedes towards the root of the tooth. This exposes more of the tooth and can result in sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures.
- Laser Periodontal Surgery – LANAP (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure) is used to treat periodontal disease. The procedure is less painful and invasive compared to traditional gum surgeries. In addition, it allows patients to return to their normal routines quicker with the minimal post-operative discomfort.
- Sedation Dentistry – Our facility recognizes that many patients have anxiety when it comes to having dental work done. To make your experience smoother and less stressful, we provide a variety of sedation options for our patients to select from. These include nitrous oxide, IV sedation, and oral sedation.
For over twenty years, Progressive Periodontics, Implants and Laser Therapy has been dedicated to providing top-notch dental care to patients in Portland. Our team of professionals works tirelessly to ensure that each patient receives quality care, whether it's for implants, surgery, or grafting. We understand that visiting the dentist can be stressful, which is why our staff will work to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
“Thank you for your honesty and for being so good at what you do!” Debbie
“A brief note to express how grateful I am for your excellent care.” Swee
“Dr. Thanik was amazing with my worrier child who needed a frenulum revision. I appreciate his care & call in the evening to see how he was recovering.” Becky S
How To Get Your Kids Excited About the Dentist
As a parent, taking your child to the dentist can often be daunting. Many children are scared or anxious about ...Read More
How Poor Oral Health Can Cause Fatigue
Poor oral health can cause a laundry list of issues, including pain, tooth decay, and gum disease. But did you know ...Read More
The Connection Between Oral Health and Gum Disease
Gum disease is a common oral health issue affecting millions worldwide. It can cause severe damage to your gums and ...Read More
What is Pregnancy Gingivitis?
Pregnancy is a special time in a woman's life, but it can also come with some unexpected health concerns. One of ...Read More
Recovering from a Gum Grafting Procedure
Gum grafting is a common dental procedure that helps treat gum recession and other gum-related issues. While the ...Read More
5 Reasons a Tooth Must be Extracted
Maintaining good oral health is essential for overall health and well-being. However, despite our best efforts, ...Read More
Taking Care of Your Gums This New Year
Healthier Gums in 2023 The new year is a great time to start fresh and make new resolutions for yourself. This ...Read More
Periodontal Disease: Signs, Treatment, and Prevention Advice
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 47% of American adults over the age of 30 ...Read More
Progressive Equipment & Care
Your Partner in Gum Health
Experience Where It Counts
Trust our Team of Experts